All About Butt Plugs | How To Use Butt Plugs
All About Butt Plugs
For those considering getting started in anal sex play, a using a butt plug can be intimidating and scary as well as very exciting. Once you've learned how to use a butt plug, many people find them to be stimulating enhancements to their sex lives. The anus is a highly erotic zone, and stimulating it before, during or after sex can bring a new level of pleasure to men and women alike.
What is a butt plug?
A butt plug is a sex toy designed to fit and stay in your ass. The classic shape has a recessed neck and a flared base, allowing the sphincter muscles to close around it and keep it securely in place. The key to any but plug is the flared base, however, which keeps it from going all the way into the rectum and getting lost. Unlike the vagina, the rectum is not a cul-de-sac but leads into the digestive track. If allowed to enter entirely, there is a danger of the rectum contracting and pulling the toy in beyond where it can be easily removed.
How to use a butt plug the first time
While you may eventually choose to incorporate a butt plug into your sex life with a partner, the first time you experiment with one it is usually best to do so alone. If you decide it's not for you, there is then no social pressure to continue beyond your comfort point or chance of the mood being ruined.
- Put the condom over the butt plug. This will help with clean-up.
- Lube up. Excessively. You'll probably want to put down a towel so that you don't get it everywhere, but yes- use a generous amount on the plug itself and on yourself.
- Position the tip of the plug at the entrance to your sphincter.
- Whistle. Seriously- something about whistling relaxes your sexual organs and makes it all easier.
- Slowly push the tip of the plug in.
- If it hurts, stop. You will feel tightness, stretching and some discomfort depending on your personal physiology. That said, go SLOW and stop if you feel any real pain.
- Rinse and repeat. Don't expect to be able to take the whole thing in on your first time- be patient with yourself.
Once you've had some encouraging experiences with anal play, there are many different ways you can expand your experiences. For men, using a butt plug or other anal toy to stimulate your prostate - called the male P-spot - can bring about amazing orgasms not achievable in other ways. For women, using a butt plug or other anal toy during intercourse or oral sex can enhance the sensations in the vagina and clitoris. Vibrating butt plugs can also add to this sensation.
If you're a beginner to anal sex, using butt plugs alone at the beginning can be a great way to get your anus ready for intercourse. There are many anal trainer kits that will help you gradually and safely become used to larger and larger anal penetration.
Important Things To Know About Anal Play
- Make sure that the item you are inserting has a handle or flared base.The anus likes to close the asshole and hold things inside of the rectum. Once you put something up your ass, you'll want to be able to easily pull it out. Abide by this rule or you run the risk of being the topic of conversation over coffee at the local ER break room.
- Avoid long, inflexible anal toys. The anus is curved and it can be painful to push a hard, straight object too far in. All of your longer anal toys should be flexible.
- Start Small. If you're new to anal play, then start with a slender butt plug. You can easily size your anus by slowing inserting fingers, one-by-one, into your butt. The maximum number of fingers you can stick in will give you an idea of how big you want to go.
- Lube it or Lose it! Lubricant is essential to any anal play. The anus does not self-lubricate like the vagina does. So generous amounts of lube are required whenever you are going to stick something up your ass.